iTunes link: http://bit.ly/adventapp
Free lite version iTunes link: http://bit.ly/adventlite
This app will provide you with daily meditations for Advent and 12 days of Christmas.
The meditations are based on the book titled “Meditations on the Gospels for every day in the year” by Père Médaille, S.J.
To help you to meditate every day, there is a daily reminder feature in which you can set the timing of the reminder.
The meditations are:
First Week of Advent:
• Sunday: The Last Judgment
• Monday: On the Sentence in favor of the Just
• Tuesday: On the Sentence pronounced against the Wicked
• Wednesday: The Sinner Arraigned at the Judgment Seat
• Thursday: On the Necessity of a General Judgment
• Friday: “The kingdom of heaven is at hand”
• Saturday: On the Predestination of the Blessed Virgin
Second Week of Advent:
• Sunday: “Prepare ye the way of the Lord” – I
• Monday: “Prepare ye the way of the Lord” – II
• Tuesday: “Prepare ye the way of the Lord” – III
• Wednesday: St. John came to preach the Baptism of Penance – I
• Thursday: St. John came to preach the Baptism of Penance – II
• Friday: On the Penance which St. John preaches
• Saturday: On the Sacrament of Penance
Third Week of Advent:
• Sunday: On the Uncertainty of the State we are in
• Monday: On the Decision of our Fate
• Tuesday: On the Presence of God
• Wednesday: On the Words: “Who art Thou” – I
• Thursday: On the Words: “Who art Thou” – II
• Friday: On the Words: “Who art Thou” – III
• Saturday: On True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin
Fourth Week of Advent:
• Sunday: St. John hears in Prison of the Works of Christ
• Monday: “Go and relate to John what you have heard and seen”
• Tuesday: “Blessed is he whosoever shall not be scandalized in Me!”
• Wednesday: “To the poor the gospel is preached”
• Thursday: On Poverty of Spirit
• Friday: On the Doubt of St. Joseph
• Saturday: On the Journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem
Twelve Days of Christmas
• Christmas Day
• Feast of St. Stephen
• Feast of St. John the Evangelist
• Feast of the Holy Innocents
• The End of the Year
• On the Blessings we have received from God during the Year
• On our Omissions during the Year
• The Circumcision
• On the Name of Christian
• Third Day of the Year
• On the Good Resolutions we should make at the Beginning of the Year
• On the Mystery of God becoming Man for the Redemption of Mankind
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/catholic-meditations-on-purgatory/id528873061?ls=1&mt=8
This free app is dedicated to holy souls in Purgatory. Please keep them in your prayers daily.
“In the following meditations an attempt is made not merely to put before the reader pious reflections respecting Purgatory, but to introduce some of the leading points of Catholic doctrine on the subject. There is nothing so practical as dogma; pious thoughts and affections must be founded on it, if they are to have any lasting influence. On many questions respecting Purgatory, vague and even false notions are very common among Catholics. It is the object of the following pages to instruct unto justice as well as to lead to the practice of good works.”
By. Rev. Richard F. Clarke, S.J.
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/catholic-meditations-on-st./id525251899?ls=1&mt=8
This app will help you to meditate daily on St. Joseph, his virtues, joys, and sorrows.
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/catholic-meditations-for-lent/id495059602
This app will help you to meditate during Lent period with the meditations based on sermons by St. Thomas Aquinas.
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/catholic-meditations-on-life/id516569474
Helping you to meditate on the life of Blessed Virgin Mary daily.
The short meditations are intended especially for the Month of May or October, though they may be used at any time with profit, particularly in connection with novenas and the celebration of the feasts of Our Lady. They are founded on the chief incidents in the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary as recorded in Holy Scripture, or handed down by tradition. Each of them is broken up into three heads or points, intended to furnish, directly or indirectly, some practical suggestion to the devout servant of Mary. They are taken from “The Devout Year” (Maria Magnificata), by Rev. R. F. Clarke, S.J.
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/catholic-meditations-for-eight/id453667073?mt=8
This app will help you to meditate every day with certain theme for each day of the week:
Sunday: Our Lord
Monday: Guardian Angel
Tuesday: St. Joseph
Wednesday: All Saints
Thursday: The Paraclete (Holy Spirit)
The meditations are based on the meditations composed by Venerable John Henry Newman in his book titled Meditations and Devotions.
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/via-crucis/id431498615?mt=8&ls=1
This app will help you to meditate on the Way of the Cross with reflections written by St Francis of Assisi.